Consultation on improving open space
South Gloucestershire Council has funding available to improve public open space at Court Road in Kingswood, and residents are being encouraged to help decide how best to spend the money.
Suggestions have already been made about how residents would like to see the area, which is on the junction with Hopps Road and Claypool Road, developed. These include installing play equipment, picnic tables and seating; landscaping the area; using it as a multi-use games area or kick-about area; using it for tennis or basketball or even creating a wildlife area.
However, the council would like even more suggestions and is holding a drop-in session at the site on Saturday 12 September from 10am – 3pm when residents can share their views and ideas.
Cllr Heather Goddard, executive member for communities, said: “We want this area to be shaped by the local community for the local community and so we want to hear from as many local people as possible.”
Staff, Councillors and the Kingswood Bus Project will be on hand to answer your questions.
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in Environment
- Green bin charge set to be reduced from April - December 22nd, 2015
- New waste collection days for South Glos - May 22nd, 2014
- South Glos residents urged to consider options for garden waste disposal - February 20th, 2014
- Dog owners reminded to ‘Bag it and bin it’ - January 29th, 2014
- Green bin charge on the way in council's waste collection shake-up - September 11th, 2013