Community events for local residents and groups
Residents living in priority neighbourhoods across South Gloucestershire are being encouraged to help shape the areas where they live.
A series of ‘drop in’ sessions have been arranged by South Gloucestershire Council to help inform future action in these neighbourhoods, which have been identified by residents and the Council as places where resources could be directed most efficiently in one or more particular areas to achieve the best possible quality of life for all.
Cllr Heather Goddard, executive member for communities, said: “I urge residents to come along to these events and get involved. These meetings are a valuable opportunity for residents, the Council and local organisations to get together and shape the way that services are delivered in the future.”
The sessions will be informal and local service providers including council departments, voluntary and community groups will be on hand with displays and information.
People attending the meetings will be encouraged to give their views on all the information provided. This feedback will help build a better understanding on what life is like in each neighbourhood.
With the exception of Yate and Dodington, each area’s meetings will be on the same day from 10-12 noon and 6-8pm. The dates are:
- Wed 11 Nov Casson Centre, Rodway Road, BS34 5DQ
- Staple Hill
- Thurs 19 Nov Salvation Army, Broad Street, BS16 5LN
- Wed 25 Nov Pavilion, Elm Park, BS34 7PS
- Cadbury Heath
- Mon 30 Nov Parkwall School, Earlstone, BS30 8AA
- Thurs 3 Dec Holy Trinity Church , High St, BS15 4AD
- Yate and Dodington
- Mon 14 Dec 6-8pm St. Nicholas Family Centre, Chargrove, BS37 4LG
- Tues 15 Dec 10-12noon Yate Parish Hall, Station Road, BS37 4PQ
The sessions will give the opportunity to:
- Look at the feedback on the work carried out by the Council and its partners to deliver what residents asked for in the “Planning for Real” community consultation process.
- Find out about the facts and information compiled about individual neighbourhoods.
- Learn about the details of how and where services have been delivered in the priority neighbourhoods.
- Take away newsletters which showcase some of the great things happening locally.
For further information, please contact Marian Jones on 01454 865839 / 3275.
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in General News
- Changes to waste collection services due to the coronavirus emergency - March 29th, 2020
- Council earmarks £30k of funding to support community events marking 75th anniversary of VE Day - March 4th, 2020
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn wins Heritage Lottery Fund support - May 10th, 2016
- Changes to Sort It recycling centres in South Glos - September 15th, 2015
- Fibre broadband coverage extended to 17,000 premises across South Glos - March 17th, 2015