Police are appealing for information following a hate crime
Police are appealing for information after a disabled woman was subject to abuse in Thornbury on Saturday, October 31.
At around 1:30pm to 2pm the victim, a 35-year-old disabled woman, was sitting on a bench on High Street, Thornbury when a coach stopped nearby.
It’s alleged that three male passengers from the coach approached the victim, touched her and sang an offensive song. They then asked her if she was disabled and continued to make offensive comments.
It’s believed that the coach was carrying travelling football fans on route to a match in the city that day.
Anyone who may have witnessed the attack or who may have information is asked to contact police in Staple Hill on 0845 456 7000. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Source: Avon and Somerset Police
Last 5 posts in Police
- Avon and Somerset's 'Best on the Beat' competition is back! - April 18th, 2015
- Appeal for information about a man approaching schoolchildren - December 12th, 2014
- Public forum on local policing to be held in Yate - November 6th, 2014
- Police launch consultation on restructuring plan - October 13th, 2013
- Commissioner consults on police component of council tax - October 2nd, 2013