PCSOs find cannabis factory (Patchway)
Two Patchway Neighbourhood Police Community Support Officers found a cannabis factory after responding to anonymous information.
Pat Gardener and Rob Hendra went to Rodway Road on Wednesday November 25 2009 after reports that of suspicious behaviour at a house.
They found a house which had been left insecure and went in to check the property.
Inside, they found 50 cannabis plants and evidence that electricity was being abstracted from the mains.
Neighbourhood Inspector Bob Evely said: “I’d like to thank the community. Their information has helped us close down a cannabis factory and disrupt drug dealing.
“It has also enabled us to ensure the property and local homes are safe – obviously abstraction of electricity can create a potential fire risk.”
Insp Evely added that police enquiries to trace those responsible for growing the cannabis continue, and asked anyone with any information to contact Filton Police Station on 0845 456 7000. Alternatively people can call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Source: Avon and Somerset Police
Last 5 posts in Police
- Avon and Somerset's 'Best on the Beat' competition is back! - April 18th, 2015
- Appeal for information about a man approaching schoolchildren - December 12th, 2014
- Public forum on local policing to be held in Yate - November 6th, 2014
- Police launch consultation on restructuring plan - October 13th, 2013
- Commissioner consults on police component of council tax - October 2nd, 2013