Libraries’ Join a Friend Campaign
South Gloucestershire Council’s library service launched a recruitment campaign on 1 February to encourage residents to sign up as library members.
The campaign encourages existing library users across South Gloucestershire to sign up a friend or family member to join their local library and they will be entered into a free prize draw. Prizes include a flat screen digital TV, a digital camera and Amazon vouchers.
The first 200 customers who recommend a friend to join will receive a free ‘Love your planet’ jute library bag or a free hire of a DVD or CD. The campaign is being run across all four unitary authorities in the West of England and runs until 30 April.
Cllr Heather Goddard, executive member for communities, said: “The council has invested heavily in the district’s libraries recently and residents up and down the district will have noticed this.
“We hope that existing members will be best placed to recommend the wide range of services now available at our libraries – including DVD hire, free internet access, learning opportunities, talks and author events, as well as a huge range of books to borrow.”
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- First public bicycle pumps installed in South Glos - July 19th, 2014
- Tickets on sale now for Downend firework spectacular - October 9th, 2013
- Cycle and pedestrian routes now better than ever - April 4th, 2013
- Cycling groups angered by MP's refusal to support Early Day Motion - December 18th, 2012
- South Gloucestershire’s new Discover Festival kicks off in style - September 6th, 2012