Engage Community Festival of Culture 2010 (Filton)
South Gloucestershire will erupt in a celebration of vibrant cultures on Saturday 16th October with the Engage 2010 Community Festival of Culture at the WISE Campus, Filton College.
The free event will feature music, food, dance, drama, crafts and performances – all designed to show off the many cultures that thrive in the area in a celebration for all the family to enjoy.
Engage is funded by the Heritage Lottery fund and supported by South Gloucestershire Council working closely with community groups, schools and cultural organisations in the district.
Cllr Heather Goddard, South Gloucestershire Council’s executive member for community services, said: “This tri-annual event is always incredibly popular and we hope many more people will come along and enjoy the packed programme of events we have on offer this year.
“It is an opportunity to show off our own culture and learn more about other people’s while having a great day out at the same time.”
From lots of hands-on fun that will get you closer to nature at the Eco Zone to discovering different tastes in the Food Zone, the day offers something for everyone.
The festival is not just about watching others in action, but having a go yourself. There are plenty of chances to try something new at the ‘Have a Go’ workshops in the Activity Zone and the Sports Zone will be packed full of sporting fun and action all day.
The event runs from 10am till 6pm and admission is free.
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- First public bicycle pumps installed in South Glos - July 19th, 2014
- Tickets on sale now for Downend firework spectacular - October 9th, 2013
- Cycle and pedestrian routes now better than ever - April 4th, 2013
- Cycling groups angered by MP's refusal to support Early Day Motion - December 18th, 2012
- South Gloucestershire’s new Discover Festival kicks off in style - September 6th, 2012