Free audiobook download service launched
Anyone with an MP3 player can now download hundreds of audiobooks for free from a new service available through public libraries in South Gloucestershire and across the region by visiting the Libraries West website.
Choose from over 600 titles, which can be downloaded for three weeks to a PC, mobile phone or MP3 player. All titles are unabridged and available simultaneously so there are no waiting lists, and loans automatically expire after three weeks, so there are no late fees either.
Titles range from The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest by Stieg Larsson, and Twenties Girl by author Sophie Kinsella to classics like Bram Stoker’s Dracula and Jane Austen’s Emma with new titles being added each month.
All you need is your library membership card and a computer, iPod or MP3 Player to enjoy this exciting new offer.
Cllr Heather Goddard, executive member for communities, said: “This is an exciting new service for our residents and is a great example of our libraries helping people to enjoy books in an easily accessible format. The service is not only available 24/7 but is free to use.”
To celebrate the new service, anyone registering and downloading an audiobook will automatically be entered into a prize draw with the chance to win vouchers for itunes. The draw is open from Tuesday 1st February to Saturday 30th April. Full entry details, terms and conditions are available on the Libraries West website.
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- First public bicycle pumps installed in South Glos - July 19th, 2014
- Tickets on sale now for Downend firework spectacular - October 9th, 2013
- Cycle and pedestrian routes now better than ever - April 4th, 2013
- Cycling groups angered by MP's refusal to support Early Day Motion - December 18th, 2012
- South Gloucestershire’s new Discover Festival kicks off in style - September 6th, 2012