Police renew appeal on anniversary of Barry Rubery murder

Posted on Friday 8th April 2011 at 7:42 am by SH (Editor)

Nearly on year on since the tragic death of father and grandfather Barry Rubery detectives working to locate his killers are appealing to the public for their help.

Barry, 69, was brutally attacked outside his Iron Acton home on Wednesday 28th April 2010. Detectives know he had been out with friends that evening and returned to Crossing cottage at around 10:45pm, he was found with significant head injuries the morning after.

Investigations have continued since and the family of Mr Rubery have made numerous appeals for information to locate the killers.

His daughter Julie Rubery said: “I cannot believe that nearly twelve months down the line we are still in this position, the person who took our father and the children’s grandfather from them is still out. We cannot begin to move on with our lives until we find out why this happened.”

Philip Rubery added: “We would urge anyone who has any information and has not spoken to the police to come forward and speak to them. We want to know why dad was killed so that we can try to fully move on with our lives.”

Detective Inspector Guy Turner is leading the investigation said:” A year has passed since the death of Barry Rubery and this investigation remains very much ongoing.

“Someone out there holds that vital piece of information to solve this crime and I would urge you to search your conscience and come forward in the knowledge that the information will be treated in the strictest confidence.

“A year has now passed and the family of Mr Rubery are still searching for answers as to why he was brutally killed for no apparent reason. They cannot begin to think about moving on with their lives until they know who is responsible for the brutal murder of Barry.

“If anyone knows anything about why he was attacked and why his house was burgled, please come forward and let us have that information. The smallest piece of information might help me find the answers for the family and I can assure you it will be treated in confidence.”

For the first time Barry’s friend Chris Lock who was with him on the night he died has spoken, he said: “We’d had a lovely evening, full of fun, as Barry was. I can’t understand any of it. He was a generous man; many of us are absolutely devastated. Lot’s of people remember Barry and speak to me about him. We miss him a lot.”

Anyone who may have information is asked to call the Operation Duxbury incident room on 0117 945 4057 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Source: Avon and Somerset Police

Share

Tags: , , ,

Comments are closed.