Entries open for Chipping Sodbury Classic Car Run
The Rotary Club of Chipping Sodbury’s annual Classic Car Run, now in its 16th year, takes place this year on Sunday 26th June 2011.
Chipping Sodbury, a medieval market town on the edge of the Cotswolds hosts this very popular event for pre-1985 cars, motorbikes and light commercial vehicles. Entrants are encouraged to wear period costumes.
Since 1996 the club has raised over £60,000, with all proceeds donated to various charities, including the RNLI.
Vehicles begin to arrive in Broad Street at 7:30am. Over 150 are expected and this year’s route takes participants through parts of South Gloucestershire, North Somerset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire, with the finish at the famous Castle Combe Racing Circuit.
Vintage, Classic and some rare models head off on their 90 mile run between 8:30am and 10:30am, giving residents, visitors and enthusiasts plenty of opportunity to meet and talk to owners and to see all of the vehicles involved.
This years entrants include; a 1933 Bentley 3.5ltr Sports Saloon; a 1935, Austin 10 Ripley Sport; a 1936 Alvis Speed 20 SD; a 1969 Jaguar E Type Ser II OTS; a 1937 Fiat 500 A Topolino; a 1960 Velocette Viper MSS; a1951 Jaguar XK 120 Roadster; a 1951 Singer 9 4AB Tourer as well as an array of MGs, Triumphs, Fords, Alfa Romeos, Morris, VW’s, Kawasaki, Suzuki etc.
Any owner wishing to participate should contact the Rotary Club on 01454 311 712 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Rotary Club of Chipping Sodbury
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- First public bicycle pumps installed in South Glos - July 19th, 2014
- Tickets on sale now for Downend firework spectacular - October 9th, 2013
- Cycle and pedestrian routes now better than ever - April 4th, 2013
- Cycling groups angered by MP's refusal to support Early Day Motion - December 18th, 2012
- South Gloucestershire’s new Discover Festival kicks off in style - September 6th, 2012