School celebrates 10th birthday with outstanding Ofsted report
Staff and pupils at Emersons Green Primary School are having a double celebration, as the school’s 10th birthday coincides with an “outstanding” report from schools regulator Ofsted.
The school was inspected in May, and was one of the first to be inspected nationally as part of a new pilot being run by Ofsted. It achieved “outstanding” ratings in leadership and management, achievement, teaching and learning, and behaviour and safety.
The report said the school has “An exciting curriculum, with a fully inclusive range of opportunities, helps pupils develop into responsible youngsters, well prepared for the next step in their education.”
“Since the last inspection, the inspirational leadership and management continue to relentlessly raise expectations in teaching and learning. This has led to consistently very effective teaching and higher academic standards.”
Headteacher Jan Isaac said: “We are all thrilled by the results of this inspection and it is a testament to the dedication of the staff, pupils, parents and governors that our overall effectiveness should be judged as outstanding. Our challenge now is to maintain and build upon this success for the future.”
Chair of Governors Mike Beard added: “This is an excellent boost for everyone involved with the school and staff and pupils are rightly proud of this achievement.”
The school opened in 2001 and to celebrate its 10th birthday, there will be a ‘Reunion Tea Party’ for past and present pupils on Friday 8th July between 4pm and 7pm. Tickets, priced at 50p, are available from the school office.
Last 5 posts in Education
- SGS College calls for rethink after a huge increase in students resitting GCSE exams - June 2nd, 2015
- GCSE results at South Glos schools show "slight drop" in benchmark figure - August 28th, 2014
- Early years education scheme off to a flying start in South Glos - September 9th, 2013
- Employers welcome plans for new engineering college - July 3rd, 2012
- Young people gather at UWE for Ambitions careers event - October 19th, 2011