Chipping Sodbury gears up for Jazz Festival
Chipping Sodbury is gearing itself up for its first-ever jazz festival, which takes place later this month.
Headlining the festival is the legendary Kenny Ball, who will be appearing in concert at Chipping Sodbury Town Hall with his Jazzmen on Friday 29th July. The concert has already sold out!
Some of the best musicians from the Bristol and Bath area will also be playing at a number of local venues. The event features a full line up of amazing jazz talent and there is something to appeal to everyone, says Mark Lloyd, Chair of Chipping Sodbury Chamber of Commerce.
Featured performers include keyboard virtuoso Paul Buck, the world jazz quintet ‘Radio Banska’, the Cass Caswell Monster Jazz Trio, the APO Jazz-Funk Quartet, plus Bristol’s own Kate McNab and Kit Morgan.
All of the local pubs in the town’s main thoroughfare are hosting and there will also be an Artisan Market on Saturday 30th July, with over 30 stalls and live jazz in the street from The Ambling Band, Jeremy (Jez) Broun and Saravian.
The response to the event has been so positive that the Chamber of Commerce have already started to plan next years’ event.
Tickets to Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen have sold out. All other events are free to attend.
More info: Chipping Sodbury Jazz Festival leaflet [PDF, 349kB]
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- First public bicycle pumps installed in South Glos - July 19th, 2014
- Tickets on sale now for Downend firework spectacular - October 9th, 2013
- Cycle and pedestrian routes now better than ever - April 4th, 2013
- Cycling groups angered by MP's refusal to support Early Day Motion - December 18th, 2012
- South Gloucestershire’s new Discover Festival kicks off in style - September 6th, 2012