Sodbury Players stage First World War drama
Sodbury Players are performing a production of ‘The Accrington Pals‘ from Wednesday 14th to Saturday 17th September at The Town Hall, Chipping Sodbury.
Written by Peter Whelan, The Accrington Pals tells the story of 1,100 unwitting Lancashire men who signed up to Kitchener’s call for volunteers during the First World War. While the men march off to war with their spirits high it’s a different matter for the women folk who remain at home. The play then contrasts their experiences in the trenches with those of the women left behind.
There are nightly performances at 7:30pm. Tickets are £7 each (£6 concessions) – available from 0845 126 0859.
For more information visit: www.sodburyplayers.org.uk
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- First public bicycle pumps installed in South Glos - July 19th, 2014
- Tickets on sale now for Downend firework spectacular - October 9th, 2013
- Cycle and pedestrian routes now better than ever - April 4th, 2013
- Cycling groups angered by MP's refusal to support Early Day Motion - December 18th, 2012
- South Gloucestershire’s new Discover Festival kicks off in style - September 6th, 2012