Core Strategy on track for examination by inspector
South Gloucestershire Council’s Core Strategy is on track for consideration by a Government Inspector, following the end of a final ‘publication period’ on 17th February.
The district’s planning blueprint was approved by Council in December, with the seven week publication period providing an opportunity for local people to review and comment on the document in its final form.
More than 350 submissions or representations were received from organisations and individuals during the publication period and these will be passed to the Inspector, with the Core Strategy documents, next month.
The Inspector is expected to hold the strategy’s formal ‘examination in public’ in the spring.
Executive Councillor for Planning Brian Allinson said:
“This is a significant milestone for a very important document.”
“The Core Strategy is South Gloucestershire’s planning blueprint for the next 15 years and will allow us to guide development in response to the needs and ambitions of our local community.”
More information about the Core Strategy can be viewed online at: www.southglos.gov.uk/corestrategy
Last 5 posts in Planning
- South Gloucestershire adopts long-term planning blueprint - December 17th, 2013
- Inspector approves South Glos Core Strategy - November 18th, 2013
- Final Core Strategy report expected in June - March 25th, 2013
- Extra Core Strategy hearing day to consider possible housing sites - March 4th, 2013
- Inspector requests additional hearing day for Core Strategy - January 16th, 2013