Jobs boost at Yate Shopping Centre
Over 100 new jobs are being created at Yate Shopping Centre with the opening of three new retail units in the next few months.
Within two weeks of the jobs being advertised on the Yate Shopping Centre website and Facebook page, there have been over 3,500 enquires.
During May and June, Marks & Spencer Simply Food, Sports Direct and Costa Coffee will be opening units in the new East Walk development – opposite the Tesco Extra store which opened in October 2011.
Commenting on the level of interest in the jobs, Centre Manager Andrew Lowrey said:
“We have had unprecedented interest in these jobs and the enquiries are still flooding in. There is certainly no lack of interest and it is very much an operator’s market with them being able to be very selective from a wide range of applicants of all ages and abilities.”
“The three new retail shops are due to be handed over to the operators later this month, when the operators will start their fitting-out. At the same time they will be looking to finalise the selection of staff and on-site training ready for the openings.”
“Over the last few months there have been up to 100 construction workers employed on site through the contractors ISG Pearce so the centre is certainly pulling its weight in helping to boost the local economy.”
Last 5 posts in General News
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn wins Heritage Lottery Fund support - May 10th, 2016
- Changes to Sort It recycling centres in South Glos - September 15th, 2015
- Fibre broadband coverage extended to 17,000 premises across South Glos - March 17th, 2015
- Recycle your real Christmas tree in South Glos - January 4th, 2015
- Council to begin collecting unwanted green bins - November 25th, 2014