Recycle your real Christmas tree in South Glos
If you have a real Christmas tree there are a number of ways you can recycle it now the festivities are over:
- If you have subscribed to the garden waste service, you can put your real Christmas tree in your green bin for kerbside collection on your collection day. Please cut the tree into manageable pieces and make sure the tree is not wedged into the bin.
- You can buy a single use garden waste sack for £2 from your nearest South Gloucestershire library or from Country Stores, 48 High Street, Marshfield SN14 8LP. Please attach the sack to the tree and leave out for collection on your normal collection day. (You don’t need to worry about cutting the tree to fit it in the sack, as the council is making special one-off collections after Christmas, taking any trees as long as they have a South Gloucestershire Council garden waste sack attached to them.)
- You can also recycle your tree at one of South Gloucestershire’s four Sort It centres. Please visit www.southglos.gov.uk/sortit to find your nearest recycling centre.
To check your collection day please visit www.southglos.gov.uk/localconnection
Please remember to remove all decorations, pots and stands before recycling your Christmas tree.
Recycled trees will be processed with the rest of South Gloucestershire’s garden waste and turned into fertiliser and mulch.
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in General News
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn wins Heritage Lottery Fund support - May 10th, 2016
- Changes to Sort It recycling centres in South Glos - September 15th, 2015
- Fibre broadband coverage extended to 17,000 premises across South Glos - March 17th, 2015
- Council to begin collecting unwanted green bins - November 25th, 2014
- South Glos broadband project includes a further 1,000 premises in its plans - September 24th, 2014