Primary school does the treble
Forget FC Barcelona – a primary school in South Gloucestershire has just won its own football treble.
Mangotsfield primary school is understood to be the first school ever in the district to win the South Gloucestershire Large Schools Cup, the South Gloucestershire Area League and the South Gloucestershire Tournament in the same year.
The primary school football team has been unbeaten in normal time for over two years and is hoping to carry on its winning ways into next season.
The school has also achieved success in other sports. This year it won a local hockey tournament hosted at Mangotsfield secondary school, came runners-up in a rugby competition hosted at Cleve Rugby Club, won a year six boys cross country event held at The Grange school and sports college and year five won the summer Festival of Youth Sport athletics event.
Headteacher Marion Borland said: “This past year has been a phenomenal one for the school and makes the whole school community proud to be associated with so many winning teams.”
Councillor Sheila Cook, executive member for children and young people, said: “I would like to congratulate Mangotsfield primary school on their sporting success.”
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in Education
- SGS College calls for rethink after a huge increase in students resitting GCSE exams - June 2nd, 2015
- GCSE results at South Glos schools show "slight drop" in benchmark figure - August 28th, 2014
- Early years education scheme off to a flying start in South Glos - September 9th, 2013
- Employers welcome plans for new engineering college - July 3rd, 2012
- Young people gather at UWE for Ambitions careers event - October 19th, 2011