‘Pamper’ event for young people
A special ‘pamper’ event is being held for young people in the district.
‘Girlz Just Want to Have Fun’ is aimed at females aged between 11 and 19. Different activities have been planned for the day, ranging from archery and climbing to jewellery making and hair and beauty treatments.
As well as the fun events the day will have a serious message – trained instructors and youth workers will be on hand to talk about different issues affecting the attendees, including personal safety and advice about the dangers associated with drugs and alcohol.
Councillor Sheila Cook, executive member for children and young people, said: “Although it will be a fun day, there will also be a serious side to it and the youngsters will have the opportunity to talk about the different issues facing them in a secure environment and get expert advice.”
The event is taking place at the Made For Ever youth centre – run by South Gloucestershire Council – in Kingswood on Saturday 8 August, from 11am until 3pm.
It is free and drinks and refreshments will be provided, but attendees can also bring their own food.
For information ring 01454 862179.
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in Youth
- Council agrees to continue funding youth centres in Priority Neighbourhoods - September 11th, 2012
- Crunch vote on youth centre closures - September 7th, 2012
- Tories accused of "prolonging the agony" over youth centres - July 26th, 2012
- Youth funding change "could benefit thousands" - March 12th, 2012
- Youth radio station returns to the airwaves - February 3rd, 2011