Two youths charged with robbery (Longwell Green)
Two young men are to face magistrates after an incident in which another youth was robbed in Longwell Green.
It happened in Craven Way in August, when a 17-year-old was punched in the face and three youths made off with his bicycle.
A 14-year-old from Kingswood and a 17-year-old from Warmley have both been charged with robbery and bailed to appear before Northavon Magistrates on October 22 2009.
An 18-year-old man also arrested in connection with the incident remains on police bail pending further enquiries.
Neighbourhood Sergeant Rachael Hodges said: “South Gloucestershire is a safe place to live. However we’ve noticed that young people who are out late at night can become victims of theft or assault – or they could get drawn into anti-social or criminal behaviour.”
“Parents should try to make sure they know where their children will be going, when and with whom.”
Source: Avon and Somerset Police
Last 5 posts in Police
- Avon and Somerset's 'Best on the Beat' competition is back! - April 18th, 2015
- Appeal for information about a man approaching schoolchildren - December 12th, 2014
- Public forum on local policing to be held in Yate - November 6th, 2014
- Police launch consultation on restructuring plan - October 13th, 2013
- Commissioner consults on police component of council tax - October 2nd, 2013