Appeal to trace owner of bike (Kingswood)
Police are trying to trace the owner of a bike after it was left at the scene of an altercation in Kingswood yesterday, Tuesday January 19 2010.
Police were called by three school girls reporting seeing a van pull up and the driver scuffle with a young man on a bicycle on Woodside Road.
Officers arrived at the scene to find the bicycle – a blue/grey Apollo Outrider – still there, and it has been taken to Staple Hill Police Station.
The vehicle involved has been identified and a man has been interviewed in connection with the incident.
The man said he had been in an argument with a group of young people in nearby Britannia Road who had then made off on bicycles.
He has been released on police bail until officers can trace the bike’s owner.
Anyone who was in the Britannia Road or Woodside Road area of Kingswood at about 6.10pm on Tuesday, or who can help police trace the bike’s owner, is asked to contact Staple Hill Police Station on 0845 456 7000. Or call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Source: Avon and Somerset Police
Last 5 posts in Police
- Avon and Somerset's 'Best on the Beat' competition is back! - April 18th, 2015
- Appeal for information about a man approaching schoolchildren - December 12th, 2014
- Public forum on local policing to be held in Yate - November 6th, 2014
- Police launch consultation on restructuring plan - October 13th, 2013
- Commissioner consults on police component of council tax - October 2nd, 2013