Man robbed – appeal for witnesses (Filton)
Police are appealing for witnesses to an assault and robbery in Filton, South Gloucestershire on Friday, January 15.
The victim, a 19-year-old man, was attacked by three youths at around 6.15pm as he cycled along Elm Park, a footpath next to the playing field at the rear of Filton sports centre.
He was knocked to the ground but wasn’t badly hurt. The youths tried unsuccessfully to steal his bike, but did take his headphones. The incident ended when an unknown man intervened.
The offenders were all aged between 18 and 20. One was black, around 5ft 6ins tall, of thin build and wearing a black hoody.
The second was white, of average build. The third was also white, about 5ft 10ins tall and well built.
Police want to hear from any witnesses. They also want to speak to the man who came to the victim’s aid.
Anyone who can help should contact Staple Hill CID on 0845 456 7000. Or call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Source: Avon and Somerset Police
Last 5 posts in Police
- Avon and Somerset's 'Best on the Beat' competition is back! - April 18th, 2015
- Appeal for information about a man approaching schoolchildren - December 12th, 2014
- Public forum on local policing to be held in Yate - November 6th, 2014
- Police launch consultation on restructuring plan - October 13th, 2013
- Commissioner consults on police component of council tax - October 2nd, 2013