Fatal collision on M5 – appeal for witnesses
Police are appealing for information from drivers about a fatal collision on the M5 in South Gloucestershire this morning, Thursday, January 28.
A lorry driver was killed at around 7am when he got out of his cab on the hard shoulder and was hit by another lorry and possibly two others.
The collision happened southbound between junctions 14 and 15, Falfield to Almondsbury.
Police are treating the area as a crime scene and have closed lanes one and two. But lane three remains open to ease traffic congestion.
Police want anyone who may have seen what happened, or can help identify the three lorries, to contact them on 0845 456 7000.
Source: Avon and Somerset Police
Last 5 posts in Police
- Avon and Somerset's 'Best on the Beat' competition is back! - April 18th, 2015
- Appeal for information about a man approaching schoolchildren - December 12th, 2014
- Public forum on local policing to be held in Yate - November 6th, 2014
- Police launch consultation on restructuring plan - October 13th, 2013
- Commissioner consults on police component of council tax - October 2nd, 2013