Appeal for information after handbag robbery (Staple Hill)
Police are appealing for information to help trace a man who snatched a handbag from an elderly woman in the High Street, Staple Hill on Boxing Day.
The 74-year-old was walking towards Page Park at around 11:45am when a man on a mountain bike grabbed her bag as he rode past. She fell over and suffered minor injuries to her hands and knees.
The man rode off in the Fishponds direction. He is described as black, in his 20s, around 5ft 8ins tall and of medium build. He was wearing dark baggy trousers and a dark coat.
Police want to hear from anyone who saw the handbag robbery or can help identify the man. They also want to find the stolen bag, a black leather shoulder bag about 12-14 inches long with a zip on the top and two on the front.
Inside was a bottle of water, a black scarf, a key on a loop, a pair or reading glasses and a black purse containing the woman’s bank card and some change.
Anyone who can help is asked to call Staple Hill CID on 0845 456 7000 or call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Source: Avon and Somerset Police
Last 5 posts in Police
- Avon and Somerset's 'Best on the Beat' competition is back! - April 18th, 2015
- Appeal for information about a man approaching schoolchildren - December 12th, 2014
- Public forum on local policing to be held in Yate - November 6th, 2014
- Police launch consultation on restructuring plan - October 13th, 2013
- Commissioner consults on police component of council tax - October 2nd, 2013