Deadline for primary school applications
Parents with children due to start infant or primary school in September 2011 are reminded that application forms need to be submitted by 15th January 2011.
If your child was born between 1st September 2006 and 31st August 2007, s/he can start infant or primary school from September 2011.
If you are resident in South Gloucestershire, you can apply for a school place online at www.southglos.gov.uk/admissions.
The South Gloucestershire Admission to Schools booklet will help you to understand how the admission process works, how to apply and how to obtain help/advice.
The booklet is available online at www.southglos.gov.uk/admissions; alternatively contact South Gloucestershire Council on 01454 868008.
If you do not submit your application by the closing date of 15th January 2011, your application will be treated as late. This will mean that all on-time applicants will be considered before your application is considered and you will be disadvantaged in gaining a place at your preferred school.
If you are resident in another local authority area, you will need to make an application to them.
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in Education
- SGS College calls for rethink after a huge increase in students resitting GCSE exams - June 2nd, 2015
- GCSE results at South Glos schools show "slight drop" in benchmark figure - August 28th, 2014
- Early years education scheme off to a flying start in South Glos - September 9th, 2013
- Employers welcome plans for new engineering college - July 3rd, 2012
- Young people gather at UWE for Ambitions careers event - October 19th, 2011