Council offers discount at under-used Stoke Gifford park & ride
South Gloucestershire commuters can ‘dial and park’ for a special discount price at the new park & ride facility off Hunts Ground Road in Stoke Gifford (close to Bristol Parkway Station).
During September, all commuters who use their mobile phone to pay for parking will be charged just £2 per day, plus normal text charges – a saving of £3 on the normal daily rate.
The facility is the first of its kind in South Gloucestershire and gives residents the opportunity to leave their car behind before transferring to a train or local bus for onward journeys into Bristol and other parts of South Gloucestershire.
The park and ride is also on the route of the proposed North Fringe to Hengrove rapid transit network, which the council hopes to gain funding for from the Department for Transport later this year. If the bid for funding is successful, it would provide links to Cribbs Causeway, Aztec West, UWE and Emersons Green, and to Bristol city centre and on to Hengrove.
The CCTV-equipped facility has 200 parking spaces. Charges are normally £5 per day during the week and £3 per day over the weekend, with payment possible by both mobile phone and on site.
Related story: A Freedom of Information request by BBC Bristol has revealed that just 139 drivers used the Stoke Gifford park & ride facility in the first three months of its operation.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Public drop-ins to provide more detail on major highways investment - January 8th, 2020
- Weekend closure of A4174 Ring Road to remove contraflow on Bromley Heath Viaduct - April 20th, 2018
- Bus lane enforcement cameras go live in Patchway and Stoke Gifford - September 21st, 2015
- Planning application submitted for North Fringe bus rapid transit scheme - March 28th, 2014
- £1.3m boost for West of England bus services - October 22nd, 2013