Rubbish and recycling collection day changes
About 43,000 households in South Gloucestershire are to to see their rubbish and recycling schedules change during the last week of September.
The changes are being made in preparation for the introduction of weekly food waste collections and fortnightly plastic bottle collections, planned for November.
The Council says:
“If your household is affected, you will be notified with a bin hanger on the black wheeled bin, or by information posted through your letterbox, that will inform you of your new collection arrangements.”
You can also check your next black bin collection on the Local Connections page of the South Gloucestershire Council website.
To assist with extra waste resulting from the schedule changes, the Council says it will collect a maximum of one bag of household waste left next to the black bin for the first collection following the switch.
The Council also advises:
“The time of day that your collections are made may also change, so please make sure that your containers are out at their normal collection point by 7am on the morning of your collection.”
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in General News
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn wins Heritage Lottery Fund support - May 10th, 2016
- Changes to Sort It recycling centres in South Glos - September 15th, 2015
- Fibre broadband coverage extended to 17,000 premises across South Glos - March 17th, 2015
- Recycle your real Christmas tree in South Glos - January 4th, 2015
- Council to begin collecting unwanted green bins - November 25th, 2014