Seasonal celebration back on the hill
Staple Hill’s ‘Christmas on the Hill’ Festival will be taking place this year on Saturday 10th December. The annual festival has become a firm fixture in Staple Hill and always promises to be a fun day for all the family.
Free entertainment takes place throughout the afternoon at venues around Staple Hill, however the highlight of the day is undoubtedly the parade of local groups and brass bands through the town centre at 1pm.
Labour councillor Shirley Potts has been organising the event since it started and has seen it go from strength to strength. Cllr Potts (Labour, Staple Hill) said:
“Christmas on the Hill is always a wonderful opportunity for the whole community to get together to kick off our Christmas festivities. It is fantastic to see our local residents and visitors making the most of everything that Staple Hill has to offer.”
Chair of the Staple Hill Regeneration Partnership, Cllr Ian Boulton (Labour, Staple Hill), said:
“Christmas on the Hill plays an important part of our work to continue to develop Staple Hill’s reputation as a great place to live and work. We’re looking forward to a festival that promises to be better than ever”
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- First public bicycle pumps installed in South Glos - July 19th, 2014
- Tickets on sale now for Downend firework spectacular - October 9th, 2013
- Cycle and pedestrian routes now better than ever - April 4th, 2013
- Cycling groups angered by MP's refusal to support Early Day Motion - December 18th, 2012
- South Gloucestershire’s new Discover Festival kicks off in style - September 6th, 2012