South Gloucestershire’s new Discover Festival kicks off in style
South Gloucestershire’s new Discover festival kicks off in style this weekend with a rare chance to see behind the doors of the award-winning Bristol and Bath Science Park at Emersons Green.
The ‘Open Doors’ event is one of hundreds of opportunities to discover something new in South Gloucestershire taking place during the district’s new festival which runs from 6th September to 4th November.
Other events in the festival this weekend include a live music bandstand marathon on Sunday 9th September, followed by ‘solar-powered cinema’ at Page Park, Staple Hill, offering a night of family-friendly short films and animation under the stars.
The newly created Discover festival offers a unique opportunity for residents to find out what makes South Gloucestershire a great place to live and work. Bringing together many successful celebrations in the district, the programme has something for all ages and tastes – including events, talks, walks and workshops celebrating local heritage, local food, local nature, local arts and also special events for life age 50+. Most events are free.
More information: Discover Festival Programme [PDF, 2.1MB] (also available from libraries, leisure centres and community centres across South Gloucestershire)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- First public bicycle pumps installed in South Glos - July 19th, 2014
- Tickets on sale now for Downend firework spectacular - October 9th, 2013
- Cycle and pedestrian routes now better than ever - April 4th, 2013
- Cycling groups angered by MP's refusal to support Early Day Motion - December 18th, 2012
- Sparkling line-up for GLOSSFM Diamond Jubilee broadcast - May 18th, 2012