Have your say on South Glos Health and Wellbeing Strategy
Consultation has begun on South Gloucestershire’s first Health and Wellbeing Strategy and local people are being encouraged to have their say.
Prepared by the district’s Health and Wellbeing Board, the strategy sets out a series of priorities to make sure that South Gloucestershire’s health and care services meet the needs of local people in the coming years.
Among its draft priorities, the strategy says that health and care providers should make it easier for people to make healthy lifestyle choices, for example by providing advice on stopping smoking or taking more exercise.
The strategy also highlights the need to tackle health inequalities within the district and to ensure that when services are needed, these are provided in the most appropriate health care settings.
Consultation on the strategy runs until Wednesday 15th May, and residents are being urged to share their views.
Copies of the strategy and an online survey are available from www.ourareaourfuture.org.uk/jhws.
The strategy is also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01454 862 356.
Source: NHS South Gloucestershire
Last 5 posts in Healthcare
- A new way for South Glos residents to improve their health and wellbeing - September 8th, 2019
- Join the fight against flu - get your free jab today - October 10th, 2014
- South Glos residents asked for views on NHS and its future priorities - November 27th, 2013
- Hospital campaigners grill health chiefs over Frenchay plans - January 23rd, 2013
- Councillors asked to show support for Frenchay Hospital plans - November 29th, 2012