Council launches 2012/13 budget consultation
South Gloucestershire residents are being urged to have their say on the council’s budget and tax priorities for 2012/13.
Wednesday 16th November sees the launch of a series of roadshows throughout the district where residents can discuss plans for the coming year.
And people can also go to the council’s website to share their views via an online forum, or use a ‘budget calculator’ to have their own try at balancing the books.
Each year South Gloucestershire Council spends approximately £340m on services but financial pressures mean that savings of £42m per year will be needed by 2014/15.
For 2012/13, the council wants to know which services should be its top priority, and how it could deliver further value for money.
Of particular interest are residents’ views on the level of council tax for next year, and on how resources to support development growth should be invested.
The online consultation can be viewed at www.southglos.gov.uk/budget. Residents can also share their views with the consultation team on 01454 868 154, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the council via Freepost RRZE-CTRG-TJLJ, Budget Consultation, Council Offices, Castle Street, Thornbury BS35 1HF.
Current confirmed dates and venues are as follows:
- The Mall, Cribbs Causeway on Wednesday 16th November between 11am and 3pm
- Kingswood Shopping Centre on Thursday 17th November between 2pm and 6pm
- Yate Shopping Centre on Monday 21st November between 10am and 2pm
- Thornbury Shopping Centre on Tuesday 22nd November between 12 noon and 4pm
- Willow Brook Centre, Bradley Stoke on Wednesday 23rd November between 3pm and 7pm
- Sainsbury’s, Emersons Green on Thursday 24th November between 10am and 2pm
The budget will also be discussed at the following local area forums:
- Chase Area Forum, Tuesday 22nd November, 7pm at Kingswood Civic Centre
- Southern Brooks Area Forum, Tuesday 29th November, 7pm at the Jubilee Centre, Bradley Stoke
- Frome Vale Area Forum, Thursday 1st December, 7pm at Shireway Community Centre, Yate
- Severnvale Area Forum, Wednesday 7th December, 7pm at Severn Beach Primary School Kings
- Forest Area Forum, Monday 19th December, 7pm at Kingswood Civic Centre
Source: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in Local Government
- Have your say on council’s 2020/21 budget proposals - December 31st, 2019
- Council looks at bringing bin collections back in-house - March 28th, 2019
- New leader, chair and vice-chair elected at AGM - June 16th, 2018
- Winterbourne’s Tim Bowles is new Metro Mayor - June 27th, 2017
- Anger at lack of consultation on West of England devolution deal - June 14th, 2016